Re: Wanted: perl package home for condorcet computation script

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> And my final question: what should it be called ?  I'm terrible at
> names.

I don't think there are many processes in computer programming as
challenging, frustrating, valuable, and rewarding as inventing names.

My one suggestion is "strop".

Rationale:

  * It's a weak acronym for Standard Resolution Procedure.

  * An actual strop is associated with polishing a straight razor. The
    shaving connection seems appropriate for the various ways of
    "shaving off" (dropping) options in the vote-counting procedure of
    Appendix A.6.

  * The name does not appear to be widely used for software (that I
    could find).

Good luck,

-Carl