Re: Two line init.d scripts? Sure, that will work!

Petter Reinholdtsen writes ("Two line init.d scripts?  Sure, that will work!"):
> A few months ago I drafted an idea to rewrite init.d scripts to use a
> common implementation and only specify the unique parts in the init.d
> scripts themselves.  That draft can be found on
>
> The idea is to let init.d scripts look like this:

Before you go too far down this path, I'd like to suggest that you do
something which makes it possible to provide init system configuration
for other than sysvinit, at the same time.  And that you use an
arrangement which uses a non-forking startup protocol for the daemon.

I think the best approach would probably be to automate the generation
of init scripts in debhelper.

Ian.