Re: Unreleased libraries

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Michael Shuler <michael@pbandjelly.org> wrote:

Is there a policy on how to package software that does not make releases?

A version similar to skia_0.0-1~svnr1234 would allow an upstream version of i.e. 0.1 (if they ever release) to supersede your packaged version. It should also allow you to upgrade via new svn version (0.0-1~svnr1235), as well as new packaging of same svn version (0.0-2~svnr1234).  Please, correct me, if there is a better method, here!

That's exactly what I had thought: 0.0-somenumber~svn123, where "somenumber" is the soversion. Runtime packager for each soversion in other to allow coinstallation, development packages, etc.

I have also noticed Firefox includes Skia in its source package, although it may be justified because they heavily patch Skia. Icedove (Thunderbird) and XULRunner also include their own version of Skia.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org