Re: Conflict between debian/upstream (DEP-12) & debian/upstream/ (uscan)

Le Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 09:06:06PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Thanks.  Any helping hand is welcome.  I simply want to make sure that
> the thing you are proposing will be really sustainable in the first
> place.  The only problem I have with this issue is that changes like
> this should have some agreement first and this is what a DEP is about.
> Otherwise DEPs are pointless and we could stop using this method.
>
> If you ask me I would consider #736760 is something the TC should decide
> upon.  However, they have currently more important stuff to do and thus
> I would really welcome if we start discussing like real man (=respecting
> each others work), work out a sustainable plan what should be done in
> debian/upstream in the long term and do the change *afterwards*.

Hello everybody, and thanks Andreas for your very reasonable emails.

Help is welcome but just helping is not enough.  Just helping would be for
instance to migrate 50 packages over 300, and tell us to do the rest.  This
would be worse than doing nothing.

As Andreas indicated, there is also the solution of going to the TC and ask to
revert of the change made to devscript.  In my impression, this would be less
bad than starting a migration and not finishing it.

Please also let me repeat that I have better to do than spending my time on
a migration that was not necessary and that still can easily avoided.

I personally find peoples attitudes quite brutally top-down confrontational.
Just because you maintain devscripts or dpkg does not mean that you decide how
others spend their time.

This whole exchange has been the two sides completely ignoring each other.