Re: pulseaudio related problems....

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 09:05:42PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > I'll agree with that.  Audio really should just work unless the hardware
> > configuration is particularly strange.

+1

> So, if your computer has several sounds cards - which is the case when
> you have both a sound card and HDMI audio - how is PulseAudio supposed
> to know which sound card to use? This is in no way different to plain
> ALSA.

I have no idea whether this remark is helpful but this thread inspired
me to give pulseaudio another chance on one of my boxes (I had
deinstalled previously on all boxes where sound stoped working at some
point in time randomly).  Despite I gave pavucontrol and pasystray a try
to configure pulseaudio my box remained silent (in *any* control I
tried).  It seems as long as there is no button saying "please give me
any sound" this is not helpful.s

My trouble might be connected to my choice to use xfce and perhaps it is
wrong to blame pulseaudio exclusively.

I know that I should go to some user list to ask for help and do not
expect it here.  I just want to confirm that there is some problem with
pulseaudio even if you try to configure it and my personal way to deal
with this is to kick pulseaudio again.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--