Re: jquery debate with upstream

* Philipp Kern <phil@philkern.de>, 2014-03-12, 21:11:
I still think it should be acceptable given that it's an open source project, it's clearly versioned from which source it comes and we check by not using the file that no changes have been done to the minification. I guess we could even go one step further and argue that the source for this is in fact in Debian.

That would work only if the embedded copy was the same version as the packaged one. And there are lots of jQuery versions in the wild.

In <20120817111437.GA8518@jwilk.net> I suggested making a package that would bundle all the needed sources, but my proposal wasn't met with enthusiasm.

--
Jakub Wilk