Re: stop posting useless cruft and get to work (systemd and Linux are *fundamentally incompatible* -> and I can prove it)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
On 03/25/2014 12:42 AM, Kevin Toppins wrote:
Writing an independent, init system agnostic, logind API compatible
daemon would be another good thing to do.

That is pretty much impossible, according to the developers of the logind API and its single implementation. Perhaps a subset of the logind API for use by desktop environments / compositors would be more useful in this init and OS portability predicament. I think Matthias Clasen, a GNOME developer, actually recently expressed interest in this from a portable window manager and compositor's perspective.