Re: A question about patches for upstream

Matthias Urlichs dixit:

Sure: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=728053

>> <igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
>> <igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.
>
>I agree that they're somewhat like democracy -- pretty bad,
>but all other possible solutions are worse.

No, explicit C error handling, once you standardise on one
way of signalling errors (ideally, 0 = okay, !0 = error),
bears the other methods.

But let’s not become even more off-topic ☻

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of