Re: systemd-fsck?

]] Martin Steigerwald

> DESCRIPTION
>        The su command is used to become another user during a login
>        session. Invoked without a username, su defaults to becoming the
>        superuser. The optional argument - may be used to provide an
>        environment similar to what the user would expect had the user
>        logged in directly.
>

> I think it can´t get much clearer than that. Become another user during a
> login session.
>
> Nothing at all about that su spawns another login session. During a login
> session even indicates the opposite of it.
>
> So it doesn´t.
>
> According to the documentation at least.
>
> So I do not even see the behaviour in dirmngr init script as a bug anymore. It
> is using *documented* functionality.

Init scripts don't run in the context of a login session, so no, it's
not.  It's using undefined behaviour and just like all other transitions
we've had in Debian we discover bugs when packages are using the
implementation defined (or undefined) behaviour rather than the
specified and documented behaviour.

--
Tollef Fog Heen