MBF: What is the status of /usr/share/texmf/doc ?

  Hi,

  Looking at 5.5 in Debian-TeX-Policy.txt.gz, I see :
========
     Packages should make documentation available to `texdoc'.  This can be
     done be either installing the files below `/usr/share/texmf/doc', or
     by providing symlinks from subdirectories of that location to the
     actual documentation files.  To allow partial parallel installation of
     different basic TeX packages, these always install their documentation
     files into `/usr/share/doc/<packagename>' and put symlinks into their
     respective <TEXMFDIST>.

     A package must not install files into (subdirectories of)
     `/usr/share/texmf/doc', which is a symbolic link to
     `/usr/share/doc/texmf'.
========

  However, on my system, /usr/share/texmf/doc is a directory.
Looking at tex-common preinst and postinst, it seems this is
deliberate.
  The problem is that several external LaTeX packages still install
their documentation in /usr/share/doc/texmf (respecting the
Debian-Tex-Policy) and, of course, they are not reachable with
texdoc anymore.
  So, where is the bug ? In the TeX policy (and, by extension, in all
packages using /usr/share/doc/texmf)? Or in tex-common
(and, by extension, in all packages using /usr/share/texmf/doc)?

  In any case, I think this will require a MBF, hence the CC to
debian-devel.

  Regards,
    Vincent
--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA