Re: Javascript trigger design

On 2 December 2014 at 09:46, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
if [ "$1" = "configure" ] ; then
    <some-other-stuff>
    /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/manage.py compress --force
    <some-other-stuff>
fi
if [ "$1" = "triggered" ] ; then
    /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/manage.py compress --force
fi

Is it *that* simple? I'm surprised by the "interest" thing just being
hinted with a directory. Does this mean that if anything changes in that
directory, then there's a trigger, and the openstack-dashboard compress
stuff will happen?

There might be times when compress is run twice.  e.g. when upgrading openstack-dashboard and /usr/share/_javascript_/jsencrypt at the same time.

However I cannot think of anyway to fix this in a way that doesn't create other problems. So this might actually be the best solution.

(e.g. you could explicitly raise the trigger inside the configure event, however that will trigger all applications that have an interest in /usr/share/_javascript_/jsencrypt which is probably not desirable)