Re: Please respect Freeze Policy

(Moving to debian-devel, please followup there)

Le mercredi, 3 décembre 2014, 10.20:32 W. Martin Borgert a écrit :
> Would it be OK to abuse experimental for new upstreams during
> freeze? It is not the purpose of experimental to contain such
> packages, of course. But it might be a less harmful form of
> civil disobedience.
>
> (Nothing private in my part of the message.)

(Snipping others' parts, and moving to -devel)

Given the (current) small exposure of testing-proposed-updates (aka the
repository has very few users, therefore the packages there get very few
testing), unstable is supposed to stay the anti-chamber of testing,
mostly at all times: whatever you upload to unstable should be aimed at
the next stable release.

None of this changes during freezes, where unstable should only have
changes targeted at testing (and therefore, currently, at jessie).Using
experimental for new upstream versions is not at all an abuse; it's
exactly the suite one should be targeting for these changes!

Cheers,
OdyX