Re: Minified javascripts in packages

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Andreas Noteng wrote:

> I have a question regarding the use of minified javascripts in pacakges.
> Of course these need to be accompanied by the proper source code, but
> is it acceptable to simply use already minified js that often
> accompany the source packages, as long as the source is also there?

The best way to tell if the provided source is actually the source is
to build from source and compare the Debian and upstream build
artefacts. Also, security and QA folks would not be happy if they
patched the source to fix a bug and rebuilding the package did not
actually fix the problem due to the lack of building from source. That
said, the ftp-masters don't require actually building the source
during package build, just that it is possible to build from source
using only packages in Debian main.

--
bye,
pabs