Re: Developer repositories for Debian

On Sat, May 09, 2015 at 09:23:26AM +0200, Mechtilde wrote:
> Hello
>
> Am 05.05.2015 um 23:45 schrieb Mike Hommey:
> > On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 02:22:04PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >> Hello world,
> >>
> >> Now with wheezy happy and out the door, we should finally tackle a long
> >> open issue. Developer repositories (AKA PPA) for Debian.
> >
> > Now with jessie happy and out the door, what is the status of Developer
> > repositories for Debian?
>
> Why can't you use people.debian.org for this?

I'm not interested by the hosting part, it's not a problem. The problem
is building packages for multiple debian architectures. At some point I
might get annoyed enough with the current state of affairs that I'll
build my own fake buildd network on debian machines, now that we (DDs)
can install arbitrary packages in the schroots. But then, I'm not sure
other people will like that the e.g. mips and arm developer machines are
spending most of their time building iceweasel.

Mike