Re: Modern Debian packaging system for DevOps: does it exist?

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 01:19:44AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 06:14 PM, ?????????? ?????????????? wrote:
> >At the moment we're trying to collect more information about existing
> >packaging systems. Our self-written scripts no longer meet our needs.
> >Now we have faced a choice: either we move our deployment process into
> >third-party packaging system (if we find the good one), or we get
> >involved into the development of own full-featured system.
> >
> >I would like to put an emphasis on the most in-demand features:
> >
> > 1. Lightweight isolated environment (hardware virtualization is not
> >    suitable);
> > 2. Git support;
> > 3. RESTful API (in order to provide clear integration with git hooks
> >    that will launch build process);
> > 4. Web interface;
> > 5. Support for a different build backends (Debian default toolchain |
> >    CPack);
> > 6. Binary package repository integration;
> > 7. Package version control (support for builds from different branches,
> >    build number incrementation, keep changelog consistent, etc.);
> > 8. Email notification;
> > 9. Privacy (ability to deploy the system on the own facilities);
>
> This looks like what I'm doing doing with openstack-pkg-tools. Have
> a look inside it, and more precisely to pkgos-setup-sbuild, which is
> capable of setting-up Jenkins. I'm open to contributions inside it.

And where to continue?

In other words:
I see two "project names", 'openstack-pkg-tools' and 'pkgos-setup-sbuild'.
Those tools might cover my needs ( in my busy life ), so I want to check them out.

A websearch did bring me to https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/openstack-pkg-tools
and http://openstack.alioth.debian.org/

Is that the right direction to continue?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven