Re: default softphone in Debian stretch

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:42:06AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Nothing really changed, the thread appeared to fizzle out with comments
> from more than one person that Debian would ship whatever was
> recommended by the desktop maintainers / GNOME upstream[2]

I think for the best desktop integration, there shouldn't be a default for
Debian, but rather a default for each desktop environment.

It would make sense that if upstreams for desktop environments do not
recommend a softphone, that Debian includes a softphone with the desktop
environment's task package that is suitable for each desktop environment.

Thanks,
Iain.