Re: [clamav-users] Remove clamav-unofficial-sigs

> On Apr 10, 2016, at 12:10 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Mathieu Parent wrote:
>>> Personally I am still waiting for clamav freshclam to properly support
>>> third-party signatures, so clamav-unofficial-sigs can be a config file.
>>
>> Is there a tracking bug for this? How can we help?
>
> This was an upstream initiative that now appears to be completely
> removed from their website. Some references still exist on archive.org
> though:
>
> https://wayback.archive.org/web/http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/2011/07/25/clamav-0-97-2-is-now-available/
> https://wayback.archive.org/web/http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/download/cvd/3rdparty/
>
> CCing Luca from the clamav project, perhaps he has some news about this.

Luca is no longer with the ClamAV project.   The way that we support these right now is through our community signature program:
http://blog.clamav.net/2014/02/introducing-clamav-community-signatures.html

This way we can send all sigs distributed through the same QA and FP regression test that we do our signatures. We even have a monthly contest that we award people for submissions:
http://blog.clamav.net/2016/03/clamav-monthly-community-signature.html