Re: PIE + bindnow for Stretch?(Re: Time to reevaluate the cost of -fPIC?)

Hi,

> Hi!
>
> Iustin Pop <iustin@debian.org> writes:
>> - that bug seems to have been opened in the context of custom patches to
>>   GCC, back in 2009-2012
>> - the CTTE seems to have made an informal decision (see last update
>>   #272) on that topic
>
> And most importantly
>
>   - the tech-ctte primarily refused to override the maintainer. And the
>     maintainer's primary objection was the patch not being upstream.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have re-read the whole bug log [1] and
I agree that since CTTE made and informal decision we don't have to
reopen the discussion there. (I assume most of the CTTE members
are reading this list, too, please speak up if I'm mistaken here.)

In the best scenario Matthias and Guillem can agree on a solution
and a test build can be run to see which packages need patching.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=552688