Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

Am Dienstag, den 16.05.2017, 13:47 +0530 schrieb Pirate Praveen:
> On ചൊവ്വ 16 മെയ് 2017 05:20 രാവിലെ, Sean Whitton wrote:
> > Thank you for updating us, Alex.
> >
> > On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:13:11AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > - Git Hosting - we want to give pagure [1] a try, which uses
> > > gitolite, which is a
> > >   nice git solution.
> >
> > Ah, that's nice.
> >
> > > Pagure also has issue tracking.
> >
> > Is it possible to turn this off?
> >
> > I think it would be bad if we ended up with some people filing
> > issues on
> > the BTS, and others filing them on Pagure.
> >

> I think issue tracking and merge/pull requests go together. The main
> attraction of the github/gitlab/pagure workflow is merge/pull
> requests.

No. They are not necessarily go together. For example, GitHub allows
projects to disable issue tracking, but allow merge proposals. This is
what I would expect for a VCS hosting for Debian.

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Email: benjamin.drung@profitbricks.com
Web: https://www.profitbricks.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss.