Re: building a debian kernel package(s) for a foreign architecture

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:43:58PM +0900, Roger Shimizu wrote:
>>
>> I ever created one:
>> - https://wiki.debian.org/HowToCrossBuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage
>>
>> Hope it helps you.
>> And if you find something not current and need modify, please just edit
>> it.
>> Thank you!
>

> Thank you, this is (probably) very useful. The one line I am not sure how to
> adjust to my situation is
>
>> fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen setup_armel_none_marvell
>

> I'm going to guess at setup_arm64 here, but it could also be
> setup_arm64_none
> or setup_arm64_real and I don't know what the distinction is yet.

The magic is set in:
  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/kernel/linux.git/tree/debian/config/arm64
and its sub-directories.

I guess the command for amd64 is:
  fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen setup_arm64_none_arm64

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1