Re: FHS: Where to store user specific plugins / code

Am 09.03.2018 um 14:23 schrieb Georg Faerber:
>> Ian's comments are good for admin-installed plugins that the users can
>> use.  In fact there is good precedent for an app checking
>> /usr/lib/pkg/... for plugins installed from Debian packages,
>> /usr/local/lib/pkg/... for plugins installed by the admin from
>> non-Debian locations, and then finally the user's .config/pkg/...
>> directory.
>
> I guess we'll go with /usr/local/lib/schleuder then? Does this sound
> like a reasonable choice?

I don't think it's allowed for Debian packages to create subdirectories
under /usr/local, is it?

You could still read in plugins from this path in case it exists and
document that users ... aehm, admins ... shall create it and put their
plugins there.

Cheers
 jonas