Re: Specs? Re: salsa.debian.org maintenance (GitLab 11.1.4 upgrade, external storage migration)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, Jeremy Stanley wrote:

> On 2018-08-20 20:05:42 +0200 (+0200), Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
> > > Could you please at least define what is "some of the large data stores"
> > > and explain where it is configured in Gitlab? A possible pointer to the
> > > Gitlab documentation would probably help as well.
> > I find it very frustrating that you expect us to tell you where the docs are.
> > However:
> >
> > https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/repository_storage_paths.html
> > https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/workflow/lfs/lfs_administration.html#storing-lfs-objects-in-remote-object-storage
> > https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/omnibus-gitlab/blob/master/files/gitlab-config-template/gitlab.rb.template#L176
> > https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/salsa-ansible/compare/e709949d0e174f9503b757c95cebee79f0ffe9b0...aafc7392e90efc21fa7e1858eee214029b29764c
> >
> > its all there.
>
> Part of the open-core challenge I'm afraid. I already spoke with one
> "cloud" service provider last week who was willing to follow up to
> this thread with an offer to donate whatever storage types are
> needed, but we couldn't find documentation explaining supported
> storage options for Gitlab *CE* (note the "ee" in those
> documentation URLs, they're the same ones I already found). Is it to
> be assumed, generally, that Gitlab's Enterprise Edition
> documentation is also appropriate for Community Edition deployments?
https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/administration/repository_storage_paths.html

if you can replace ee with ce in the url it is also valid for ce.
jftr afaik gitlab uses fog[1] for cloud storage, maybe that knowledge helps.

Alex

[1] https://github.com/fog/fog