Re: Removal of linux-base from jessie-backports broke Xen upstream CI

On Wed, 2019-02-13 at 12:46 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Alexander Wirt writes ("Re: Removal of linux-base from jessie-backports broke Xen upstream CI"):
> > Jessie backports doesn't exist anymore. For some time now. It is already on
> > its way to archive.d.o.
>
> Thanks are due to to folks on #debian-uk who pointed out this
> announcement (from June!) that I missed;
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports-announce/2018/07/msg00000.html
>
> I have to say I'm not sure this removal is very helpful but then I'm
> not helping maintain -backports so I guess my opinion doesn't carry
> much weight.

More importantly Jessie has reached end-of-life[1].  Please do not
expect related suites (such as -security, -backports, -proposed-
updates, -updates) to continue working after this.

(Related to that: arm64 is gone from jessie-security; arm64 wasn't
removed from -backports as there is no LTS for backports and jessie-
backports will eventually be archived as is.)

Ansgar

  [1] https://www.debian.org/News/2018/20180623