Re: Cron, anacron, cronie, systemd-timers

Hi Mark,

Thanks for notifying me of this discussion at
https://github.com/systemd-cron/systemd-cron/issues/47

I have been trough some issues recently (apt-cacher-ng that spew
errors after the release)
and I had to dig trough the cron-daily unit journal to locate the problem
and I untersand this is a pain for others too.

> > in-sequence execution of the cron.{daily|weekly|monthly} jobs
> >As noted in another thread, this isn't actually missing from systemd-cron,
> >which still uses run-parts for these (although /issues/47 requests the
> >behaviour that it seems we both assumed it already had).
>
> I am not sure which way is the better one. I can think of both methods
> having advantages and disadvantages and would probably try the other
> one if it was implemented or just available by throwing one switch.

I did the boring work: autoconf, the Makefile...

It is alive here but needs some testing and feedback,
see how it works through the daily, weekly jobs...

> throwing one switch
The idea is to have RUN_PARTS as a bool in /etc/crontab but it
doesn't work yet if there isn't any job defined at all.
(the python generator returns nothing)...

Greets,

Alexandre Detiste