Generating man Pages by help2man can be Problematic when Cross-Compiling, why?

Hello,

In UpstreamGuide on wiki.d.o, it stated in Manual Page section that:

For executable programs that take arguments, please consider writing a manual page, rather than expecting users to pass --help or similar. Note that generating the man page from --help output (with a tool such as help2man) can range from unhelpful to problematic in cross-compiling scenarios.

I have questions: why can generating man page with help2man be problematic in cross-compiling? What if I didn't write man page but expecting users to pass --help instead, or displaying usage syntax when my written program encounters error?

Cheers, Bagas
--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara