win32-loader: Dropping Win ME/98/95 support, digital signing, Windows Store

Hi,

win32-loader is a Windows (Win32) executable to ease the installation of
Debian on a PC running Windows.

The Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) is used to create the
win32-loader targeting character sets that are native to Windows
ME/98/95 (also known as x86-ansi installer). This leads to code page
conversion issues for example as described in Bug #939151.

Therefore I intend to switch win32-loader from an x86-ansi to an
x86-unicode installer. The drawback would be that Windows versions prior
Windows XP would no longer be supported.

I have no idea how many installations of Windows ME/98/85 are still
being used out there in the wild. However independent of this number
there might be reasons to keep respectively restore Windows ME/98/95
support for win32-loader. If you are aware of any reason then please let
me know.

Furthermore I would like to increase user confidence and trust by
digitally signing the win32-loader executable. As a side effect user
friction could be reduced. For example Microsoft SmartScreen [1] warns
the user with the message: "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an
unrecognized app from starting.". How could win32-loader be enhanced
with a Debian code signing certificate?

Last but not least I wonder if there would be any value in distributing
win32-loader via the Windows Store [2]. The idea stems from the
availability of "Debian for the Windows Subsystem" in the Windows Store.

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_SmartScreen
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Store_(digital)