Re: Handling of entropy during boot

Hi All,

First off, I want to acknowledge how great system Debian is, very nice work!

I know the issue with Entropy Starvation is understood, and I
understand the security concern:
https://wiki.debian.org/BoottimeEntropyStarvation
https://daniel-lange.com/archives/152-hello-buster.html

However, I would just like to indicate how nuts this has been driving
me. First, with a new Buster install it took me a little while just to
figure out what was going on with sshd. I did install haveged, and
this helps for general cases. But then I have corner cases like when
the root filesystem is readonly then haveged doesn't work.

I'm not using ancient hardware I'm on a modern arm64 processor, but it
is an embedded environment with no keyboard or mouse.

-Paul