Automatic update of Vcs-Git info (was Re: Git Packaging Round 2: When to Salsa)

On Friday, 13 September 2019 15:00:11 CEST gregor herrmann wrote:
> That's obviously an artifact of our poor Vcs-* information handling
> (in source packages); in reality, of course all of the 3600+
> perl-team packages are maintained on salsa.

For what it's worth, Vcs-Git info can be updated automatically with 'cme run
set-vcs-git`. This command shoud be run in each repo. It won't change files if
VCS-Git is already up-to-date.

Here's the output of 'cme run set-vcs-git --doc'

$ cme run set-vcs-git --doc
update control Vcs-Browser and Vcs-git from git remote value
parameters: remote (default is origin)

example:
cme run set-vcs-git
cme run set-vcs-git -arg remote=debian
will commit with message: 'control: update Vcs-Browser and Vcs-Git'

Hope this helps

Dod