Re: Bits from the DPL (August 2019)

    Michael> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 14:32:10 +0000
    Michael> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

    >> On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 09:57:38AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> > I'd say it is a consensus of those who prioritize participating
    >> in this > discussion enough to do so, consented to by the rest of
    >> the project.
    >>
    >> I'm sorry, but I disagree. Silence is not always consent.

    Michael> When it comes to things like forcing the use of Debian's
    Michael> Gitlab (& other topics), I've remained silent because my
    Michael> disagreement was already voiced by others, with more
    Michael> detailed reasoning than I would have provided.

Makes sense.

And for this specific issue, there is no consensus in favor of forcing
anyone to use Debian's Gitlab.

    Michael> Am I really expected to add a "me too" response every time
    Michael> I agree with what someone else took the time to
    Michael> write

If you think the discussion is trending in a direction you disagree
with, speaking up can often help.  But it is fine for you to wait for
the summary.  If you think that whoever posts the summary has misread
the consensus of the community having the discussion, then yes please
write in.

--Sam