Re: Help needed: conflicting interests between Salsa admins and Salsa users (Re: Git Packaging Round 2: When to Salsa)

On Thu, 26 Dec 2019, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> I am sure there are many ways to help the team and it is not just
> about Salsa/Gitlab admin stuff, but also about creating structure in
> the team, triaging issues, spreading best practices for users and
> helping the most advanced users to grow into admins of Salsa etc.
> Right now we don't even have any kind of salsa-related discussion list
> on lists.debian.org. Thus I wanted to raise discussion on
> debian-devel. In my opinion Salsa is becoming a very central piece of
> the Debian infrastructure and it should have more attention on
> debian-devel and from the project leader.

+1 on everything you said. (And IMO you should have started a new thread
instead of replying to an old one)

I do hope we can find some constructive way to go forward because the current
settings are now too strict and are effectively hindering big packages
(exactly those that need help!) and some other advanced use of the
service.

I would also like to mention that we should have #salsa or #debian-salsa and
drop #alioth on IRC, sure it made sense at the start to continue to use
the same place as where we used to be but now it just makes it harder
to find the correct place to discuss issues with Salsa.

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁