Re: opentmpfiles & opensysusers, and its use in the Debian policy

On 1/2/20 5:13 PM, Ansgar wrote:
> Thomas Goirand writes:
>> My proposal is for Debian to standardize on:
>> /bin/tmpfiles
>> and:
>> /usr/bin/sysusers
>
> Why rename things?

I don't mind either ways, but...

... after this discussion, it looks like we would prefer:
/bin/systemd-tmpfiles and /bin/systemd-sysusers

For this, we need systemd to use update-alternatives for them then, so
that opentmpfiles & opensysusers do not need to use dpkg divertion. See:
https://bugs.debian.org/947847

>> I'm not sure why
>> there's both /bin/systemd-sysusers and /usr/bin/systemd-sysusers, and
>> which one should be used.
>
> For the same reason there is /bin/bash and /usr/bin/bash probably?
>
> Ansgar

I'd like to understand how /usr/bin/systemd-sysusers got into my system,
when others are saying they don't have it.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)