Re: opentmpfiles & opensysusers, and its use in the Debian policy

The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:

> What I'm concerned about is dbus socket activation, or similar, leading
> to e.g. logind getting activated by logging in at the text console.

> I thought I understood that socket activation via dbus was one of the
> features which didn't require systemd as PID-1 to function.

It may be that the user service manager in systemd supports D-Bus socket
activation, but none of the user services provided in the systemd package
seem to start logind, so I don't think you'll get that service started
that way.  I'm only seeing systemd-exit and systemd-tmpfiles.

Also, I'm not sure what would start the user service manager if you're not
running systemd as PID 1.