Re: migration from cron.daily to systemd timers

Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> writes:
> Please ask during installation and give the question an appropriate priority.
> By choosing the priority you can even achieve a "silent" transition for
> "normal" users and let more advanced users decide.

This strikes me as clutter that will never be removed from debconf, so
let's not decide to do that for every package that might need a timer.

How about modifying the shipped /etc/default/spamassassin to include a
comment explaining what's going on, and how to enable the timer instead?

Anyone who's set CRON=1 will then get warned about the maintainer's
modified version, which should catch their attention.  Everyone else
will get a handy hint about the new setup if they ever go to set CRON=1
in future.

Cheers, Phil.