Re: Uploading of libjpeg-turbo 2.0.x to unstable

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:44 AM Mike Gabriel wrote:

> However, I have never really done a transition of such a core'ish
> shared library package and I'd love to receive some guidance with this
> before I do the actual upload.

You might want to use ratt (Rebuild All The Things) to determine if
any reverse build deps have their build broken by the update, and then
run autopkgtest against the rebuilt packages.

> First of all, I don't think that a classical transition is required as
> there has not been an SONAME change for the shared libs in
> libjpeg-turbo. Package names haven't changed, either.

In case you are interested in tools for detecting unplanned ABI breakage:

https://github.com/lvc/pkg-abidiff
https://sourceware.org/libabigail/manual/abipkgdiff.html
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/192731475679616@web2g.yandex.ru

--