Re: debdocker - A Debian docker-based personal builder

Hello,

Am 27.06.20 um 12:08 schrieb Samo Pogačnik:
> I am preparing a packaging support tool similar to pbuilder, except that it uses
> docker containers instead of chroot environments. The project is available here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/spog/debdocker

There already is <https://www.uhoreg.ca/programming/debian/whalebuilder
and <https://github.com/metux/docker-buildpackage>.

There also was this mail thread ~2018:
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/05/msg00011.html>

I think there also was a discussion to include Docker support into
sbuild, which would allow autopkgtest to use that interface.

<https://wiki.debian.org/SystemBuildTools> also list several other tools

So please clarify why we need yet another tool and what are the benefits
of your tool compared to the other ones already existing. Not only for
us Debian Developers, but also in the package description for all other
users looking for the right solution for their problem. Thanks.

Philipp