Re: Packages in contrib solely because they allow using non-free software

On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 11:17:01AM +0200, Dominik George wrote:
>  a) They try Debian, and find out they have to learn how the different
>     package areas work, reconfigure their package sources
(they would need that anyway as they need firmware and, very probable,
nvidia-driver)

> Which one do we. as a community, prefer?
The project usually seems to prefer "free software" over "our users".
On the other hand, are you asking how should we interpret our founding
documents, or what should we put in them?

--
WBR, wRAR