Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Packages in contrib solely because they allow using non-free software

On 4/8/21 12:50 PM, Dominik George wrote:
The argument raised earlier, that although these games are DFSG-free, they do
not fulfill the requirement for Debian main being self-contained holds,
imho
(lutris ignores the Debian packages and installs copies of the games from
who-knows-where).

That is something that I dislike, independent of the main vs. contrib discussion.
If lutris gained support for the package system, and the ability to install free
games from the distribution's repository if available, I think it should definitely
be moved to main (I will probably open a feature request upstream for that; it might
not even be too hard to implement).

If you open a feature request, please ping me (@stephanlachnit).

Regarding Lutris: when winetricks decides to go to main, Lutris will follow.

I don't see anything that Lutris does more in terms of sideloading external code.

Regards,

Stephan