Re: merged /usr considered harmful (was Re: Bits from the Technical Committee)

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 12:09:52AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> Hi Holger, I would have expected a reply like this from you. I do still
> use Debian, some of my boxes are still Debian-based. Soon they will
> probably be converted to Devuan though. I do still contribute to
> Debian, mainly to Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.

ok, cool! & sorry for assuming you didn't contribute!

> Holger (and others), please consider the arguments and facts given in
> the latest postings to this thread, these issues are serious and not
> something you just can easily close with an STFU argument to me!

well, sigh, your last mail (to which I replied) was just ranting,
which I still think is wrong here. (Once ok, twice too/maybe, ...)

however, this ship has sailed, there has been a proper discussion by
a proper process and if you don't like it, please start a GR, as this
is the way to overrule the TC, if there is a majority for it.

writing mails to debian-devel will not change anything. and repeating
a discussion every other month without new arguments will just annoy
people as one can see here.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

Words may inspire but only action creates change.