Re: Steam Deck: good news for Linux gaming, bad news for Debian :(

I am fine with Debian's release cycle but It would be nice to see more
packages. For example Debian is missing KDE's Amarok music manager. I
am happy to see Debian 11 gained KDE Elisa music manager. I am sad to
see that VirtualBox is not available on Debian 11. I had to jerry-rig
it using the Ubuntu Focal repo from Oracle.

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed is a good rolling distro, I am surprised Steam did
not use it. OpenSUSE was the repo Plasma Active shipped with. I tried
Tumbleweed but I got tired of the constant need to download all of the
packages. I am on a metered internet connection and a Rolling Distro
is just not for me.

Debian needs to have a mechanism like the openSUSE OBS Open Build
Service, where people can create Repo's of newer software versions to
use with stable Debian. On openSUSE I use the stable KDE Repo's to
keep KDE up-to-date with the latest stable releases.

Tim