Re: use of Recommends by vlc to force users to use pipewire

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> So there's something contradictory. If the pipewire service alone
> doesn't take control of audio over pulseaudio, then the only culprit
> would be pipewire-media-session. Or what? A bug in pipewire, which
> would actually take control of audio even without pipewire-pulse?

I can confirm, I just upgraded (unstable) and vlc began using pipewire for
playback based on some error messages.

I did not have pipewire-pulse installed. Removing
pipewire-bin pipewire pipewire-media-session fixed it.

[0000558fb18b0660] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[0000558fb197bd10] pipewire audio output error: stream error: no node available

--
see shy jo