Re: FTBS bugs -- MBF?

On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 10:57:11AM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > Packages that only build Architecture: all binary packages tend to use
> > Build-Depends-Indep.
>
> Policy is quite clear about that being a bug. I think a better rule of
> thumb for maintainers in a hurry would be: if you don't have time to think
> about which dependency list is the right one, and preferably test the
> result (with a source-only build like Adam has been doing, a --build=all
> build, and a --build=any build), then the safe option is to put everything
> in B-D.

I totally agree, and I consider that a RC bug in my mind.

I would support filing all the bugs as sev:important, and bump them
right after the bookworm release (so we don't add all these RC bugs so
near the freeze, even if they are trivial to fix).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :