Re: Restart rsyslog only once after few packages are upgraded

Am 26.10.22 um 11:53 schrieb julien.puydt@gmail.com:
Le mercredi 26 octobre 2022 à 11:49 +0200, Jędrzej Dudkiewicz a écrit :

in its postinstall script. As this causes rsyslog to be restarted a
few times in a row it sometimes results in rsyslog not functioning.

High-severity issue right there: restarting should just work no matter
what. Instead of trying to limit the number of restarts, I would try to
make them just work!

While in theory I agree with you, I don't think it's safe to restart *other* packages during an upgrade. You can't know in which state that package is in (especially regarding it's dependencies).

Michael