Re: Q: How about versions/features in bookworm?

On 11/6/22 05:58, Hideki Yamane wrote:
  Q7:  Will python3.11 be default in bookworm?

What we discussed during Debconf is that we will *try* to make this happen, but if it doesn't go well, we will revert and ship Bookworm with 3.10 only.

3.11 is tempting, because it has nice features, and it goes a way faster than 3.10.

However, to me, it's already too late for it: we need to check 3000+ packages over the next 2 months, and IMO, that's too risky. But that's only my opinion...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)