Re: Misc Developer News (#58)

On Thu, 2022-12-01 at 11:42 +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:

> I wonder if there's an easy fix here, like a new version of anacron that
> adds a check for this particular issue, offering to fix it during
> upgrade of the package.

It is hard to tell the difference between an affected system and one
where the admin manually disabled anacron. The only solution I can
think of would be to add 2.3-36 that forcibly re-enables anacron on
systemd systems when upgrading from 2.3-33, 2.3-34 or 2.3-35. This
might be a reasonable compromise, since only systems with those
versions could be affected and hopefully not very many sid/bookworm
systems have anacron deliberately disabled anyway. A message from the
postinst in the upgrade log and or a NEWS.Debian item could notify
admins of the fix. The workaround can be dropped after some months.

PS: I don't intend to work on this myself.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise