Re: Boost 1.81 in Debian Testing

On 1/4/23 06:24, Anton Gladky wrote:
Dear valued contributors,

I am pleased to announce that the latest version of Boost, version 1.81, is now
available in Debian Testing [1].

We encourage all contributors whose packages depend on Boost libraries to
consider building against Boost 1.81 in order to facilitate a smooth transition.
Installing the -dev Boost packages from the experimental repository is simple,
as shown in the following command: sudo apt install libboost-dev -t experimental.

If you encounter any issues or have suggestions for improvement, please do not
hesitate to file bugs or prepare merge requests on salsa [2].

Thank you.

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/boost1.81
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/boost

Sincerely,

Anton

Hi,

The latest update of boost was in late 2020. Why are we waiting so late in the release cycle to do such a transition? The month of the freeze is *NOT* a good moment to do it.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)