Re: Multi-host networking software, autopkgtests

Hi,

Quoting Ian Jackson (2023-01-06 17:59:58)
> This all seems very complex.  I definitely want to have something working
> before something like that could exist.  Also, I think it would be a good
> idea to do something ad-hoc, ideally in a number of packages, to gain
> experience so we know what shape the "official" thing ought to be.
>
> I think therefore that I need to pursue some kind of within-testbed
> nesting, as an interim approach at the very least.  I was hoping that
> someone else had solved (part of) this problem already...

there already exist a number of autopkgtest scripts that start a qemu virtual
machine and then run some script inside of it by connecting to it via ssh.
Maybe this can be helpful to you for now:

https://sources.debian.org/src/dropbear/2022.83-1/debian/tests/remote-unlocking/?hl=112#L137
https://sources.debian.org/src/sbuild/0.85.0/debian/tests/unshare-qemuwrapper/?hl=206#L206
https://sources.debian.org/src/cryptsetup/2%3A2.6.0-2/debian/tests/utils/cryptroot-common/#L505

Thanks!