Re: need we support unshadowed passwords from the installer

Sam Hartman left as an exercise for the reader:
> Yes, absolutely.
> I am familiar with nis/PAM/shadow/LDAP, have deployed NIS (although not
> nisplus), and have been around long enough to understand the issues.
>
> It is absolutely reasonable to expect people who need to do so to
> unshadow their own passwords.

thanks Steve McIntyre for the merge!

as an aside, as a fairly new DD, i've seen a lot of worry in
recent years about the difficulty of getting changes through
given the distributed ownership of packages, etc. i was frankly
worried about this being difficult to see through, despite it
being a small and agreed-upon change (there was certainly no way
i was going to NMU the installer).

it was merged this morning after authoring the MR through salsa
two evenings ago, quite painlessly. this is anecdotal and
perhaps not representative of Project dynamics as a whole, but i
for one feel more comfortable about proposing and executing
small changes like this now.

--
nick black -=- https://www.nick-black.com
to make an apple pie from scratch,