Re: Please, minimize your build chroots

Quoting Holger Levsen (2023-01-28 14:53:37)
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 02:28:30PM +0100, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
> > could we decouple the policy and bug severity question from the question of
> > what a buildd chroot should contain, please?
> [...]
> > Why do people call just accepting that Priority:required packages have to be
> > part of the buildd chroot the easier solution? [...]
>
> because people get upset if they receive bug reports with severity serious
> when they don't perceive these bugs as serious.
>
> happened more than 9000 times already.

And I asked in my mail to please "decouple the policy and bug severity question
from the question of what a buildd chroot should contain" for a reason.

I have no problem with downgrading the severity of these bugs to non-RC and
release bookworm without explicit build dependencies on e2fsprogs.

Discussing policy questions and bug severity distracts from the actual question
that I find interesting.

Thanks!

cheers, josch