Re: Please, minimize your build chroots

Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
> Do you agree that the software in our archive should agree on which
> packages are needed to build a source package? Currently, they do
> not. dose3 requires only Essential:yes and build-essential being
> installed. Who is buggy?

Well, the /informational/ list in build-essential could be updated if
people find that required packages should be listed there explicitly as
well.

I find it not very interesting to try and reduce the set of packages
used considered build-essential (which does include required packages
in practice as buildds have those installed).

(Also we do consider not installing "required" packages unsupported as
per the description of what "required" is; so if your build environment
doesn't include it, you are on your own.)

Ansgar