Re: Please, minimize your build chroots

El 28/1/23 a las 22:18, Adrian Bunk escribió:
On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 09:45:14PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
The other one: There are a bunch of packages whose unit tests rely on tzdata. The tzdata
package changes often during the lifetime of stable, and as a result, some package might
stop building from source. If we wanted to know in advance which packages might break after
a tzdata update, we could use the available information in the build-depends fields.

No, that won't work.

In your builds, how many percent of the packages that did have tzdata
installed during the build did not have a direct build dependency?

Looking at the dependency trees, I'd assume the vast majority of
packages where tzdata was installed during the build do not have
a direct build dependency.

I think I see your point, but my idea was not to collect packages
with tzdata in build-depends only, but those whose build-depends
make tzdata to be installed (i.e. including transitive dependencies).

I don't know if there is already a tool for that, nor how much difficult
it would be to have such a tool.

Thanks.